We believe that beauty should be a source of confidence and not anxiety. Dove inspires women to want to look like the best version of themselves – because looking and feeling your best makes you feel happier. We have believed in this for 60 years – and today we are recommitting to this with three vows:
1) We always feature real women, never models.
Models reflect a narrow view of beauty. Dove believes that beauty is for everyone and therefore features real women of different ages, sizes, ethnicities, hair color, type or style.
• Zero models in our campaigns
• Real women introduced by their names
• Our campaigns reflect the population’s diversity
2) We portray women as they are in real life.
We never present the unachievable, manipulated, flawless images of “perfect” beauty which the use of retouching tools can promote.
• Zero digital distortion of women
• Image approved by the women we feature
3) We help girls build body confidence and self-esteem.
Globally 8 out of 10 girls opt out of key life activities when they don’t feel good about the way they look. Dove has a mission to ensure the next generation grows up enjoying a positive relationship with the way they look – helping young people raise their self-esteem and realize their full potential. Since 2004 the Dove Self-Esteem Project has educated over 82 million young people in body confidence and has become the biggest provider of self-esteem education of its kind. We work with world renowned body image experts and leading universities to develop evidence based and academically validated educational tools.
• Educate ¼ billion young people around the world on body confidence and self-esteem by 2030.