Dove Black Birth Equity Fund Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO BLACK/AFRICAN AMERICAN BIRTHING INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, WHO ARE SEEKING DOULA SERVICES FOR THEIR BIRTHING JOURNEY (WHENEVER THAT MAY BE).
1. Sweepstakes Period: Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of six (6) separate Entry Periods, as follows: Entry Period 1 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on July 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2022; Entry Period 2 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on August 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2022; Entry Period 3 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on September 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2022; Entry Period 4 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on October 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2022; Entry Period 5 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on November 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 30, 2022; and Entry Period 6 begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on December 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2022.
2. Eligibility: Open to Black/African American birthing individuals that are legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older, who are seeking Doula services for their birthing journey (whenever that may be). For purposes of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules, the person submitting the Entry (as defined below) is considered the “Entrant”. Employees of Conpoco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members and agents and their immediate family members spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
3. How To Enter: To enter if you are pregnant as of time of entry, you must visit babydove.com/blackmaternalhealth (the “Site”), complete the registration form, and answer questions about your birthing journey, as well as the following questions about maternal care services (in 250 words or less for each question): 1) How would financial assistance to help access Doula services, through a grant from the Black Birth Equity Fund, help you and your family through your pregnancy and birthing journey?; 2) What are the biggest challenges and/or barriers you have faced in accessing the maternal care services that you desire?; and 3) What other information would you like to share as part of this application (optional) (collectively, “Submission”) to receive one entry (the “Online Entry”) into the corresponding Entry Period’s random drawing as well as any subsequent Entry Periods’ random drawing(s). To enter if you are not currently pregnant or if you are expecting that you will be pregnant during the Sweepstakes Period, and you are seeking Doula services for your birthing journey (whenever it may be), on a plain 8 ½” x 11” paper, hand print your first and last name; full address; date of birth; phone number (including area code); email address; race; ethnicity; household income (optional); an indication of the Doula care services this grant would be used to help fund: 1) Birth Doulas (Provide emotional and physical support, and individualized advocacy during labor), 2) Postpartum Doulas (Provide physical, emotional, and informational support during postpartum period or typically the first few months after birth, e.g. breastfeeding techniques and strategies for newborn care), 3) Antepartum Doulas (Offer emotional, and physical support; and provide homecare services for those who are unable to meet homecare needs themselves during the postpartum period due to pregnancy-related health complications); or 4) other (if other, please describe). You must also respond to the following questions (each question must be in 250 words or less): 1) How would financial assistance to help access Doula services, through a grant from the Black Birth Equity Fund, help you and your family through your future pregnancy and birthing journey?; 2) What are the biggest challenges and/or barriers you have faced or expect to face in accessing the maternal care services that you desire?; and 3) What other additional information would you like to share as part of this application (optional) and mail your entry in an envelope with proper first class postage affixed to: Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund, P.O. Box 7699, NY 11775-7699 (“Mail-In Entry” or “Submission”). You will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Entry Period’s random drawing as well as any subsequent Entry Periods’ random drawing(s) based on the postmark date on the Mail-In Entry submitted in accordance with these instructions. All Mail-In Entries must be handwritten and Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2022 and received by August 8, 2022 to be eligible for the Entry Period 1 random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2022 and received by September 7, 2022 to be eligible for the Entry Period 2 random drawing. All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2022 and received by October 7, 2022 to be eligible for the Entry Period 3 random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2022 and received by November 7, 2022 to be eligible for the Entry Period 4 random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2022 and received by December 7, 2022 to be eligible for the Entry Period 5 random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2022 and received by January 7, 2023 to be eligible for the Entry Period 6 random drawing. All Mail-In Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Mail-In Entries, which will be disqualified.
Online Entries and Mail-In Entries will be collectively referred to as “Entries.” If you already submitted an entry in the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund which ran from January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022, you will automatically also receive one (1) Entry into this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period (including Entries received from the January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022 iteration of the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund), regardless of method of Entry. Submissions must be in English. Submissions will not be judged. By entering, you understand that your Submission in its entirety or portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media. Normal data/Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply.
4. Submission Requirements: To be entered into the Sweepstakes, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Submission. The Submission may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate text including acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Submission or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, highlights brand in a negative way, contains any third party materials (other than Baby Dove), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Baby Dove) or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. By submitting a Submission, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Submissions or excerpts of Submissions (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Submission. You further agree to waive any moral rights in and to the Submission. Automated, script, macro or robotic Submissions submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any Submission not in compliance with the above and does not meet the Site’s requirements will be disqualified.
5. Random Drawings: Twenty-four (24) winners per Entry Period (totaling 144 winners) will be selected in separate random drawings on or about the following dates: August 15, 2022 (Entry Period 1); September 15, 2022 (Entry Period 2); October 15, 2022 (Entry Period 3); and November 15, 2022 (Entry Period 4); December 15, 2022 (Entry Period 5); and January 13, 2023 (Entry Period 6) from among all eligible Entries received/postmarked during the corresponding Entry Period as well as any previous Entry Period(s) (including all entries from the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund which ran from January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022). The random drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received/postmarked by the end of each Entry Period (including all entries from the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund which ran from January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022).
6. Grand Prize: Grand Prize (144 total – 24 per Entry Period): A $1,300 check made payable to the Grand Prize winner to be used to towards Doula services.
Limit one (1) Grand Prize per person. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Submissions are received/postmarked by the end of each Entry Period (including all entries from the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund which ran from January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022).
7. General Rules: Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release, tax documents, and except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights (“Declaration”) within forty eight (48) hours of notification. If Entrant fails to return the completed Declaration within forty-eight (48) hours, Declaration is returned as undeliverable, Entrant shall be deemed to be ineligible, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected. Declaration will be sent to the Entrant via email. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Grand Prize winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting a Submission or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prizes awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules (or the Official Rules for the Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund which ran from January 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022) or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Grand Prize winners’ names, likenesses, Submissions for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants/Grand Prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in the Sweepstakes, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the Grand Prize winners in random drawings from among all eligible Submissions received/postmarked by the end of each Entry Period prior to cancellation. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. Submissions generated by script or bot are not eligible. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant/Grand Prize winners agree that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant/Grand Prize winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
8. Conditions: Grand Prize winners acknowledge and agrees that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use the Submission in any way it sees fit in connection with advertising in any medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entrants/Grand Prize winners shall have no right to review or approve edits, alterations or modifications, and the Entrants/Grand Prize winners waive the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights.” No information regarding Submissions will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Sweepstakes. By submitting a Submission, you represent: (a) that the Submission is your own original work that has not previously been published or publicly shown or won a prize or award; and (b) any and all rights to the Submission belong to you and the Submission does not infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party. Further, any Submissions that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered.
9. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue: SPONSOR IS REGISTERED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES WITH HEADQUARTERS IN NEW JERSEY. THE NEW JERSEY COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN NEW JERSEY.
11. Winner List: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, available after February 1, 2023, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by February 15, 2023, to: Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. DE), Melville, NY 11747.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Baby Dove Black Birth Equity Fund is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to Black/African American birthing individuals that are legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older, who are seeking Doula services for their birthing journey. Begins 9:00 a.m. ET on 7/1/22 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/22. For official rules and how to enter if you are not currently pregnant or expect to become pregnant during the sweepstakes period, visit babydove.com/blackmaternalhealth.