Play Why I'm Brilliant
This game involves your child building a collection of pictures and words that describe all the reasons they should feel good about themselves. From talents to personality traits, they'll build a picture that will really boost their self-esteem.
How to play the game
We all have characteristics and traits that make us unique. Think about all the special things that you, your family and your friends value about you.
1. Find a photo of yourself that you like and stick it on a blank sheet of paper
2. Think about what you like about yourself. Try to include one thing you like about your looks, one for your personality and two more that are talents. Find pictures that represent each of these, either in magazines or online, and stick them on the same sheet of paper. Write 'looks', 'personality' and 'talents' as headings near each set of images. Add an explanation below each picture if you wish
3. Now think about things your friends and family like about you and add these to your collage
4. When you're happy with what you've created, share the finished product with your friends to inspire them to see the brilliant aspects of themselves
5. Show it to your parents and ask what they think of it. Maybe you can make one for mum or dad together?
6. The next time one of your friends is worried about their appearance, tell them why you like them. It will remind them (and you) that looks aren't the only things we value
Action checklist How to build your child's self-confidence