We work towards this by:
- Taking concrete actions towards beauty inclusiveness for all women and self-esteem for girls
- Making accessible products that deliver truthfully and delightfully on their Superior Care promises
We have believed in this for 60 years and are recommitting to this with three vows.
1) We portray women as they are in real life
We never present the unachievable, manipulated, flawless images of “perfect” beauty which the use of retouching tools can promote.
- Zero digital distortion of women
- Image approved by the women we feature
2) We portray women with diversity, honesty and respect
We believe beauty is for everyone. So we feature women of different ages, sizes, ethnicities, hair colour, type and style.
- No silent use of models or actresses
- Women introduced by their names
- Our campaigns reflect the population’s diversity
3) We help girls build body confidence and self-esteem
Globally 8 out of 10 girls opt out of key life activities when they don’t feel good about the way they look. Dove has a mission to ensure the next generation grows up enjoying a positive relationship with the way they look – helping young people raise their self-esteem and realise their full potential.
For over 15 years, the Dove Self-Esteem Project has educated over 60 million young people in body confidence and self-esteem and has become the biggest provider of self-esteem education of its kind. We work with world renowned body image experts and leading universities to develop evidence based and academically validated educational tools.
We're now aiming to have educated ¼ billion young people around the world on body confidence and self-esteem by 2030.