How we will use the content you provide to us:
This section sets out the permissions you give [Unilever UK Central Resources Limited] and Unilever Canada Inc. (collectively “Unilever”, “we”, “us”, “our”) in relation to how we can use the text, narratives, photo(s), image(s) and any other content uploaded by you (“Your Content”) in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project.
When you upload Your Content, you grant Unilever a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, unrstricted, sub-licensable licence to use, distribute, display, copy, translate, publish, perform, modify, edit, and create derivative works from, and otherwise use, Your Content in any media now or hereafter known, (including but not limited to our websites, third party websites, social media accounts, emails and other forms of digital and print advertising) in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project. Further, you waive all moral rights in and to Your Content in favour of Unilever and anyone authorized by Unilever to reproduce or otherwise use Your Content. In addition (and subject to applicable data protection laws) you grant Unilever the right to use your first name, image, likeness and/or any other identifying information (such as your story or location information) in connection with Your Content and the Dove #ShowUs Project.
You confirm and agree that:
- You own all rights in Your Content and/or you have permission to allow Unilever to use Your Content for the purposes described above. Without limiting this, you must:
- You must obtain consent from every person who helped you create your posted materials (e.g. photographers, videographers, etc…), and
- You cannot post, submit or otherwise use (in any materials you post) any music, logos, trade-marks or other copyrighted materials (e.g. photographs, pictures, texts, lyrics, etc…) unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials.
- Your Content does not infringe upon or violate the rights of any person or entity, and is not unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate;
- Any photo(s) or image(s) that you upload have not been edited, filtered, re-touched or otherwise altered to enhance or change your appearance;
- You will not be entitled to any payment, remuneration or compensation by Unilever for the use of Your Content; and
- Your Content is truthful, accurate, not misleading and does not contain any personal information that could identify any other individual.
You hereby agree to release and hold harmless Unilever, the Unilever Group companies (meaning Unilever Plc and Unilever N.V. and any other entity that they (directly or indirectly) control) and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims based on Your Content, including (without limitation) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
We appreciate all contributions to the Dove #ShowUs Project. Due to the large number of submissions we will not be able to use everyone’s contributions for the purposes described above. Unilever has sole discretion in relation to what images, content and personal information to select and use in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project. As such, while Unilever may use Your Content for the purposes described above and/or may contact certain individuals who upload their content to participate further with the Dove #ShowUs Project, you acknowledge that Unilever has no obligation to do so. In addition, you acknowledge that we may remove or cease to use or display Your Content at any time and for any reason.