TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This section sets out the rights and permissions you grant Unilever Australia Limited, Unilever New Zealand Limited and the Unilever plc / Unilever NV group of companies globally (collectively “Unilever”, “we”, “us”, “our”) in relation to how we can use the text, narratives, photo(s), image(s) and any other content uploaded by you (“Your Content”) in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project.
When you upload Your Content, you grant Unilever a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, licence (with the full right to sub-licence) to publish, broadcast, communicate, use, distribute, display, copy, adapt, and create derivative works of Your Content in any media (including, but not limited to, our websites, social media accounts, emails and other forms of digital and print advertising) in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project.
You confirm and agree that:
- you own all rights in Your Content and/or you have permission to allow Unilever to use Your Content for the purposes described above;
- any photo(s) and/or image(s) that you upload have not been edited, filtered, re-touched or otherwise altered to enhance or change your appearance;
- you will not be entitled to any payment, remuneration or compensation by Unilever for the use of Your Content; and
- Your Content is truthful, accurate, not misleading and does not contain any personal information that could identify any other individual.
In addition, you confirm and agree that:
- all arising intellectual property rights in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project relating to Your Content are vested in Unilever and you assign to Unilever all such arising intellectual property rights, except any copyright you have in respect of the image/photo/story you submit for the Dove #ShowUs Project. “intellectual property rights” means existing and future intellectual property rights, including: patents, inventions and discoveries, copyright, rights in computer software and databases, domain name rights, rights in circuit layouts, designs, trade marks, trade secrets, know-how, the right to have confidential information kept confidential and all other intellectual property as defined in Article 2 of the convention establishing the World Intellectual Property Organisation (1967) (whether registered or unregistered); and any application or right to apply for registration of any of those rights;
- you waive your moral rights and voluntarily, irrevocably and unconditionally consent to all or any acts or omissions by Unilever which would infringe your moral rights in respect of its use or otherwise of Your Content in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project. “moral rights” means the following rights in respect of intellectual property rights: the right of integrity of authorship (that is, not to have a work subjected to derogatory treatment); the right of attribution of authorship of a work; and the right not to have authorship of a work falsely attributed, (which are rights created by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and any other similar right capable of protection under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction.
We appreciate all contributions to the Dove #ShowUs Project. Due to the large number of submissions we will not be able to use everyone’s contributions for the purposes described above. Unilever has sole discretion in relation to what images, content and personal information to select and use in connection with the Dove #ShowUs Project. As such, while Unilever may use Your Content for the purposes described above and/or may contact certain individuals who upload their content to participate further with the Dove #ShowUs Project, you acknowledge that Unilever has no obligation to do so. In addition, you acknowledge that we may remove or cease to use or display Your Content at any time and for any reason.