A lot may have changed since we first launched our iconic beauty bar, but our commitment to redefining beauty remains the same. And now, in 2017, we would like to reaffirm this commitment to real beauty with The Dove Real Beauty Pledge – three ‘unbreakable vows’ we promise to continue to uphold for women everywhere:
1) We always feature real women, never models.
Models reflect a narrow view of beauty. Dove believes that beauty is for everyone and therefore features real women of different ages, sizes, ethnicities, hair colour, type or style.
• Zero models in our campaigns
• Real women introduced by their names
• Our campaigns reflect the population’s diversity
2) We portray women as they are in real life.
We never present the unachievable, manipulated, flawless images of “perfect” beauty which the use of retouching tools can promote.
• Zero digital distortion of women
• Image approved by the women we feature
3) We help girls build body confidence and self-esteem.
Dove has a mission to ensure the next generation grows up enjoying a positive relationship with the way they look – helping young people raise their self-esteem and realise their full potential.
• Educate 20 million more young people around the world on body confidence and self-esteem by 2020.